services include free
of charge loan
Endoscopy services overview
We support the delivery of endoscopy services at over 300 hospitals in the UK and Ireland via maintenance and managed services. Our endoscopy governance standards include both ISO13485- and ISO9001-certificated medical device quality management system for maintenance and repair of biomedical equipment and endoscopy equipment.
Our Endoscopy workshop, including research and development laboratory, is a quality-controlled environment based in Southend-On-Sea (Essex) which repairs and maintains more than 9,000 devices a year on behalf of 300 NHS and private hospitals. The facility is manned by 60 technical staff with over 500 years of combined experience in endoscope repairs.
Althea offers a wide range of endoscopy service contracts ranging from basic maintenance through to our fully comprehensive service offering, which includes: loan provision, unlimited returns, door-to-door collection and delivery, and periodic on-site condition checks – all of which serve to maintain the customer’s asset uptime and availability. In addition, the large stock of loan equipment ensures service continuity and 100% uptime offering a valuable alternative to manufacturers’ solutions.
Althea’s highly experienced endoscopy support specialists provide training, guidance and support with manual cleaning, automated reprocessing, endoscope construction and compliance with sector requirements, all of which is focused on repair prevention and asset uptime. Our customers also benefit for regular repair updates to enable them to effectively monitor the progress of any repairs from receipt to dispatch.
Our contracts can be tailored to meet customer’s specific requirements by the selection of multi-year contracts which provide the added benefit of fixed costs with no hidden charges.
Why choose Althea
- Experienced at maintaining 9,000+ endoscopes, stack systems and associated devices using 60 technical staff with over 500 years of combined experience
- Invested over £1M in our endoscope loan fleet (including the new Olympus 290 series) provided free of charge whilst repairs take place
- Specialists in repairing systems, such as Olympus 240 series that are no longer supported by the original equipment manufacturer
- Over 100 re-conditioned endoscopes available for rental or purchase
- Specialised workshop in Southend-On-Sea (Essex) which includes a research and development laboratory.
- Tailored flexible contracts to suit every need