Diagnostic Imaging Managed Services
Optimising diagnostic imaging patient services is a challenge faced by all healthcare providers. Our fully managed services generate cash savings and tax efficiencies, whilst supporting high-quality patient care, and improving staff recruitment and retention.
Providing high-quality equipment on a vendor-independent basis is only one element of our managed service as we also design and build the facility in which equipment operates. We are distinctive in having a dedicated in-house design and implementation team who will work with your estates and clinical departments to plan and project-manage the installation, commissioning and training on all equipment, as well as associated build works.
In consultation with all stakeholders our in-house team will develop room and facility designs which will optimise patient experience whilst safeguarding their privacy, dignity and safety – all in support of Quality Standard for Imaging accreditation (formerly ISAS accreditation).
Room designs will be vendor-neutral ensuring future technology selection is not restricted to a particular vendor.
As one of the largest buyers of medical equipment in the UK & Ireland we have longstanding relationships with all major and emerging manufacturers, ensuring we are free to provide unbiased advice and consultancy.
In the last 24 month, Althea has advised and co-ordinated the selection of 250+ items of diagnostic imaging equipment including: 14 CT scanners, 24 cardiac catheter laboratories and interventional fluoroscopy suites, 16 mammography units, 10 MRs, 59 ultrasounds, and 58 X-rays.
Once new equipment is installed, the operators will receive unlimited applications training throughout the equipment’s lifetime.
Diagnostic and radiology equipment
- SPECT & PET/CT
- Vascular systems
- Surgical C-arms
- Nuclear medicine
- Part or full-funded facility and equipment replacement programme
- Revenue-based service charge which can be flattened over the term of the managed service even if capital investment is required at the start
- Capital or charitable contributions accepted as and when available to reduce service charge
- Flexible variation process to reduce or increase the number of assets to meet changing clinical demands
- Vendor-independent technology advice with access to all OEM developments pre-release
- Output-based specification development to ensure equipment meets clinical and patient needs
- Buying power that provides our customers with value for money
Enabling and build works
- Partial- or fully-funded facility and equipment replacement programme
- Vendor-independent room and department design services using in-house experts
- Patient and workflow optimisation, and support for Quality Standards for Imaging accreditation (previously ISAS)
- Equipment installation project management and completion risk transfer
- Interim mobile services
- Computerised maintenance management system with customer portal for real-time updates
- RIS and/or PACS integration
- Inventory management system for clinical consumables which integrates into a hospital’s patient-level information and costing system for procedure-level costing
- Full clinical choice and automated re-ordering
- Integrated procurement and inventory management including on-site stock controllers
- Staff efficiencies with back-office clerical and financial activities delivered by Althea’s team
- Choice of manufacturer and independent service organisations
- Single point-of-contact Customer Care Centre open 8am to 8pm Monday to Sunday as standard
- Optional extended cover hours including 24/7/365 fault reporting and weekend/evening pre-planned maintenance
- Life extension and field upgrade programmes
- On-site engineers trained specifically in a hospital’s equipment portfolio